Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Students Are Like Valentines

I wrote my plans with small details
And thought of each to make some space
When they were told to plan like that
They said, ‘I’m sure her laundry’s stacked!’

I changed my board with lesson plans
And followed themes to keep them going
When they were told to change their board
They said, ‘I’m sure she’s simply bored!’

I thought of ways to make them learn
And surfed the net to start from scratch
When they were told to think of ways
They said, ‘I’m sure it’s for a raise!’

I wrote them notes, to show I care
And build a bond to always share
When they were told to write them notes
They said, ‘I’m sure she’ll get some votes!’

I played fun games and gifted them
I knew they loved to be with me
When they were asked to play with them
They said, ‘I’m sure her brain is 10!’

I sat with them and heard them talk
To see just where in life they stood
When they were asked to hear them out
They said, ‘Oh god! She’s such a scout!’

And every time I raised the bar
I was accused of playing a star
My love for what I did was drowned
In doubts of trying to win a crown!

The extra mile that I would walk
To bring a change in someone’s life
Appeared for them quite hard to trust
Some ill intent was just a must!

I carried taunts all day and night
I felt there was no point to fight
I was in love and they knew not
That love’s not sold and neither bought!

To me my faith was all I had
To brighten up the days ahead
For every child who walked my way
To leave enriched and with a say!

A teacher loves with little care
For silly quotes and petty minds
The cause with which she lives her dream
Needs neither reason nor a scheme!

Students are like Valentines
For them she makes her plans divine
For that she walks that extra mile
To wrap each day with lots of smiles!






No comments:

Post a Comment